- Date: November 7, 2012
- Time: 8am to 12pm
- Event: The Great Florida Fire School 2012
- Topic: Controlling Chaos: Making Critical Life and Death Decisions
- Where: Treasure Coast Public Safety Training Complex at Indian River State College
- Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
- Registration: Click here to register.
- More info: Click here for more info.
Chaos is complete disorder and confusion, creating unpredictable behavior that typically leads to undesirable outcomes. This course will address how firefighters should control the flow and change of complex and dangerous situations. The firefighter needs an acute sense of awareness, the ability to adapt to changing situations and the skill and timing to make critical decisions fast. This course explores how the mind and body linked together performs under stress and delivers practical, actionable advice for controlling and surviving complicated and chaotic events.
Using case studies and dramatic video of real emergencies, this course will challenge you with thought exercises and tactical decision games. You will learn fast, effective tools to help transform unproductive disorder into controllable and manageable events at the emergency scene. This program is relevant to all operational positions.