In his book Winning, Jack Welch says he found that some ways of leading always seem to work in creating a winning team. Her they are:
- Leaders relentlessly upgrade their team, using every encounter as an opportunity to evaluate, coach, and build self confidence.
- Leaders make sure people not only see the vision, they live it and breathe it.
- Leaders get into everyone’s skin, exuding positive energy and optimism.
- Leaders establish trust with candor, transparency, and credit.
- Leaders have the courage to make unpopular decisions and gut calls.
- Leaders probe and push with a curiosity that borders on skepticism, making sure their questions are answered with action.
- Leaders inspire risk taking and learning by setting the example.
- Leaders celebrate.
How do you build a winning team? What can you do today to build a better team?